View Single Post
Old December 13, 2013   #71
TedB
Tomatovillian™

Default Black Pepper Tomato Discussion

ChristianaJo//Carolyn..Hi. The url below (Iva Graša/Novo Mesto, Slovenia--"our" Tomatojunkie) is working for me as I write this. It takes you to her dark tomato variety "archive" page (seeds no longer available.) I'll try to attach a PDF of the page. The English google translate is readable..just backup a bit/you should be able to make it out.

The index on the left side of the page (US google translate Flag at the bottom) will back you into the rest of her site. She's done a nice job.

Also, I'll try to attach a couple of pictures (9/13) of my grow-out of her BPT seeds here along the Hood Canal in Washington. The past couple of years my outside tomatoes only started to color the last week in August. The pics of my BPT are from a single trial plant grown inside an unheated plastic covered greenhouse.

Just a bit more. Striking color/bright skin/rich green shoulders, nice wrinkles/no scars or blemishes, excellent farmer's market table appeal. Medium wall thickness + just a very few seeds = a bit "hard" to the touch/feel (understandable.) As far as its breeding/gene pool I'm up a tree. I've grown quite a number of Romas and a few variations of Andes...I don't think so. Ideas appreciated. [It's already getting late to chase seeds for '14 but but...Andrey's (Minsk) Kubinskiy Chornyi Peretz looks good. I'll leave it at that for now.

http://www.tomatojunkie.info/index.p...mni-paradiniki
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P8239559.jpg (252.1 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg P8239556.jpg (327.3 KB, 143 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf The Dark tomatoes.pdf (195.1 KB, 19 views)
TedB is offline   Reply With Quote