View Single Post
Old November 26, 2013   #1
Salsacharley
Tomatovillian™

Default My Cave on Nov 26, 2013

Here's a shot of my cave as of today.

The plant on the far left is a Celebrity I salvaged back on Aug 11. http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=29691 It is in my "Multifunctional PVC SWC" that is still cranking out gobs of mediocre (I consider Celebrity to be a mediocre tomato) Celebrities, but they are fresh and better than the grocery store's.
The 2nd from the left plant is a Black Opal that continues to kick out delicious Black Cherry types.

The 3rd is a Yellow Pear that is prolific, but many of the fruits are mealy. I'm trying to figure out how to make delicious Yellow Pear tomatoes before the plant succumbs (if ever).

I attribute the hardiness of these 3 plants to Texas Tomato Food (TTF). TTF covers a multitude of sins against tomatoes.

The 3 orange buckets on the right side are my rendition of the Alaska Grow Bucket system. They are interconnected and have a reservoir that is just out of the picture. The 2 buckets on the left side are growing 2 varieties of snow peas, and the one on the right is just now going to receive a Tommy Toe sucker I pruned on Oct 30. I also have a Box Car Willie sucker I am trying to figure out how to incorporate into the cave.

I wish I had dwarfs instead of these big ones, but my planning was off.

I'm using Sunblaster T-5's with Nanotech reflectors and Incandescent Gro lights. I rigged up light stands out of PVC for the Sunblasters.

My short range goal is to have fresh tomatoes for Christmas.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Charley
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Indoor Growing.jpg (455.0 KB, 385 views)
Salsacharley is offline   Reply With Quote