View Single Post
Old July 27, 2013   #62
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kath View Post
Ok, I don't think I was clear enough in post #38, but my goal all along was to try to grow Sweetie, the pink beefsteak, not Sweetie, the red cherry, or the tiny Wild Sweetie. Since Glenn wasn't listing it, I put an all call out here last fall/winter sometime in some thread or other and someone responded and offered me seed for it. Maybe I wasn't clear enough in that post either because it looks like I was given seeds for Sweetie, the cherry.

But thank you, Carolyn, because this was a nice lesson for all who may be interested in growing either Sweetie (the red cherry) or Wild Sweetie, the currant. And here's hoping that Glenn offers Sweetie, the pink beefsteak, for 2014.

kath
Kath, I would say Wild Sweetie is red and currant sized, but not a true currant b'c Amy had a professional tomato personlook at the plants and fruits and said it was not a true currant.

When Glenn called me last week and told me how many plants he had out I asked him if he was going to be able to get seeds for the many varieties that were unavailable in the 2013 catalog, and he said he hope so.

He was also complaining how dry it had been and how much watering needed to be done, and I said, well,you did want to buy that land on the sand hill, and hejust started laughing.
Carolyn