View Single Post
Old June 1, 2013   #40
z_willus_d
Tomatovillian™

Steve, you've certainly piqued my interest. I've haven't really noticed the "powdery" part of the description, nor the gray mycelium or anything that looks like a colony of mildew, but I would say some of the description matches well what I'm seeing. What's more, I've tackled just about every other possible source for this issue in past attempts, so as I've not really tried to address a mildew issue in the past, it may very well be that this is what I'm dealing with. When I look at the photos for the condition, I see some that seem to match my plants quite well, while others with the white "fuzz" don't look anything like it. Do you know if the condition would cause a potato leaf to wilt and become droopy/rubbery? I see that on a few of my plants.

Is there a way I can examine a leaf, perhaps under high magnification, to get a positive ID?

DavidP, I may just give one of the master gardeners a call next week to see if they have any ideas or can help me get a positive ID on the mildew.

I want to thank everyone for helping me narrow down on this. Steve, you're always an extreme help.
-naysen
z_willus_d is offline   Reply With Quote