View Single Post
Old May 22, 2013   #3
Stimacked
Tomatovillian™

This is one of the seedlings I pulled up. It was a Magic Dragon seedling.
There could well be aphids. They are present at both my backyard and at the alotment. Plenty of ladybugs around at the alotment. Most are around my Burlap sacks of potatoes which have gone to flower. Most TPS seedlings leaves look well, while a handful of others have shown a few misshaped leaves or have a curled leaf. This was the worst one. I guess if they continue to look like this they have to be dumped in the trash like this one!

I am against the use of Pesticide and have never used it. Its not impossible there was someone else using some on another alotment plot.
What are the signs of Pesticide poisoning. Why then only one showing this sign in the whole row? I have been using Neem sprays to try and strengthen the plants and fend off some of the bugs. Peel bugs and catterpillers are helping themselves to the leaves
so they are having a tough introduction to life in Japan!!

I have tried to give the seedlings some shade today, as shown in the other snap.

Temperature went up to 30 c today. also had temps of 27-29 c on 7 of the last 10 days. Very unusual for May!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sick TPS seedling.jpg (81.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg shade for TPS seedlings.jpg (190.8 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by Stimacked; May 22, 2013 at 04:06 AM.
Stimacked is offline   Reply With Quote