View Single Post
Old May 19, 2013   #22
Paradajz
Tomatovillian™

hi again.

to the best of my knowledge, the result of your grafting experiment should be quite optimistic regarding the disease rates, with possible down- sides regarding the change in taste of original varieties and slightly increased chances for new- growth troubles.

if you ever chose to try something else:

1% copper ( oxychloride or oxysulfate ) + 0.25% mankozeb
mixed, left for 12-24h, stired up a couple of times;
drench to the holes prepared for planting and surrounding area, approx. 10l of solution per 4 holes;
plant after 72-96h

vermicast + beneficial bacteria bio- stimulator + water, thick solution
when planting, dip the root- ball in the solution for a while, till the whole root area is covered with a 0.5cm layer of it, put some solution in the planting hole and plant directly in it;
if you trim the lower set of leafs at planting, use a paper ring around the stem bottom, after planting pour some solution in the ring so the wounds of trimming get covered with it ( this will also help with crickets );

fosetyl aluminium + propamocarb ( Previcur energy )
6ml of substance in 2l of water, use 2dl of solution per a plant;
treatment goes twice- a day after planting, and again after 10 days

beneficial bacteria bio- stimulator
through the whole life cycle, each 10-14 days, starting 5 days from planting

the original recipe actually contains just step n1, and it was given to me by my university professor some years ago. today it has a scholastic status here, for quite a broad range of fungal and bacteria stuff.
the other steps in the process are my additions, aiming to revive the soil and make ''a huge crowd'' down in the root area.
the principle is simple- nuke the ★★★★★★★s ( copper/mankozeb ), disembark ''the troops'' appropriately equipped in what was once the hostile area ( planting with vermicast solution ), make a tough fortress around them ( Previcur and beneficial bacteria ), and good old troopers will do the rest.
this cleared my decade- lasting 2 strains of fusarium with a 100% success rate.
also, vermicast/bacteria solution works wonders with root development, growth and yields.
finally, it's a lot of copper and mankozeb but my garden is still totally rich on worms which seems not to be complaining

it's tested and it works, on verticiliums and bacteria diseases too.
if you feel it as to much of chemicals, the vermicast and beneficial bacteria part will significantly help on it's own.

br,
ivan
Paradajz is offline   Reply With Quote