View Single Post
Old May 19, 2013   #21
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradajz View Post
i sincerely enjoy reading your posts... seems like you take any moves against your plants personally and tend to retaliate the same way

i feel about the same for my ''green family'' so i fully understand you and wish you good luck with your experiment
fusarium was also a 40-50% guest to my heirlooms for about a decade, if you are interested and don't mind using some chemicals i can tell you what solved the problem for me ( it's actually a disease which our agricultural practice has a solid cure for, but quite an expensive procedure if you are a market grower ).

best of luck,
ivan
I use some mild chemicals especially for foliage disease prevention and to slow down an especially aggressive pest occasionally. I do however use organic methods as much as is practical and effective. I even resorted to soaking the spot where a tomato was to be planted with a mild bleach solution the last two years in an effort to give my plants a few extra weeks before the fusarium got to them. It did increase the time my plants were fusarium free for a week or two but it was a lot of trouble and expense and I was worried that it would create the buildup of some salt compounds that would eventually cause problems. I'm hoping the grafting will give me much better results and so far it has.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote