Thread: Fertilizer
View Single Post
Old May 12, 2013   #64
EarlyStarter
Tomatovillian™

I might also say that, even before I begin much pruning (and of course plenty thereafter), I have an abundance of new green growth....typical, I know. I would need to do a current soil test, as I haven't in a couple of years since I found a mix and method I that worked well for me, but I always felt I had an abundance of nitrogen, as I did a few years ago last time I sent in a sample for test. My in-ground soil is heavy in adobe-soil however, and I have had best results adding almost only Nitrogen...any suggestions or thoughts here? I just assumed that my nitrogen level is up to par in my containers due to the composted material, blood meal, fish emulsion with about every watering....etc. The half strength (I realize I should have mentioned this, as I only adjusted last year) bloom fertilizing, etc...I would still figure on having a greater N to P ratio. Really, I would be greatly interested in a suggestion, regardless of my past results. I already end up with waaaaay more than I need and give away lots to the food bank next door, neighbors, etc. I see no harm in making an attempt at further progress, ever, so I look forward to any suggestions, specific products as a replacement, get rid of, etc. I am quite an experimental gardener and am always looking expand my horizons.

Thanks!

~Ken

Last edited by EarlyStarter; May 12, 2013 at 01:27 PM.
EarlyStarter is offline   Reply With Quote