View Single Post
Old April 30, 2013   #4
linzelu100
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbaron View Post
To be honest I wouldn't know how to grow a jalapeno pepper plant that only produced 8 peppers. I guess you could mow it down after the first 8? That might stop it from producing more. Outside of that I am more interested in figuring out how it is possible to get so few? I am baffled.

Whatever you are doing just stop. Don't do anything. Only water when the plant droops completely, Never fertilize, Never baby them, Call them bad names, Kick sand in their faces and steal their girl friends and they will still produce more than 8 per plant.

Well, this had me laughing! All my relatives in Alabama are just as shocked as you! I usually buy jalapeno plants, because peppers give me such trouble. But this year I bought a pack of early jalapeno seeds (figuring it can't get any worse!) I have 11 Jalapenos to plant. I really think I over fertilized, so I am not going to do that again. Lesson learned! It will save me money anyway. But I am still nervous about it. I just want it to go well. I love reading about peppers (after tomatoes and beans) in my catalogues and there are many I want to try, but it seems a waste of money b/c I do so poorly with them. I do great with tomatoes, so I don't know what I am doing other than that.

I should note that the tiny hot peppers that are multi colored ( I grow Aurora and Chinese 5 color) do so well for me! I get hundreds of those, but we don't actually eat them, so they don't count! We grow them for the hummingbirds. The ones we eat are what I cant seem to grow enough of.

Lindsey
linzelu100 is offline   Reply With Quote