View Single Post
Old April 29, 2013   #6
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Lyn has it right. Those are from mini-blinds-split down the middle and cut to length. I used one of the super fine Sharpies. If some of the plants have a bit of droop to them, I had just finished potting up three trays of the indeterminates, the cabbages, and most of the tomatoes in the 9 ounce cups when I took the pictures.

When the plants get to the main garden, I have other pieces of mini-blinds with the name "stamped" into the plastic. These will be tied onto the support system. Yes, it was a huge amount of work, but I don't want to have to carry maps and such to the garden for marking fruit during harvest. BTW, harvest is when I use the large Sharpie to mark the blossom end of the fruit with an abbreviation of what variety it is (i.e. "AFR QN" is African Queen).

I'll still be potting up one more time to have all in the 9 oz plastic cups before they finally get planted.

Thanks for the kind words. This year has been the worse for my springtime allergies and that has made this year's start extremely difficult. My Allegra has been overwhelmed.

Take care
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote