View Single Post
Old April 23, 2013   #20
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Gardenstartup, Is the 25,00$ in your currency? so if your currency is the kroon the conversion is 1.00 USD to 11.73 kroons Then the greenhouse would be comparable to the cost for one here. I have a catalog that has a kit in it for a fairly basic house. 20x48 =960 sq.ft or almost 300m2? correct? This house has 13 bows 9 runs of purlins, spring lock and channel, all the needed hardware, roll up curtain, two layers of 6mil plastic and 1 roll of ground cover (no blower fan, jumper hoses etc. or spacer blocks). The end walls or vents or fans and sill boards are not included so you must purchase those materials elswhere (or recycle, like I do) The cost of the kit is 2315.95$ USD and I am guestimating the endwalls to be around 700.00 plus the sill boards of treated lumber, if desired. So you are up to 3,000.00 USD which is close to 33,000.00 kroons. But there are always costs incurred as you are putting it up that you aren't expecting, too. When I invest in a house it is only because the previous season "paid" for it, but I am not supporting a family on this income, either. We have many jobs between all of us who live here. My husband has his own business that actually supports the household, 1 of our sons works for us when he is not in school, one son goes to college and works, too. My husband is also a township trustee, which doesn't pay huge amounts, but is appreciated and helps to provide health ins. and he also tunes piano's in his "spare" time. Gardening is not a huge money maker in our country. It does not cover the income needed for an entire household. It is a hobby that makes us a little money.