View Single Post
Old April 12, 2013   #13
ArthurDent004
Tomatovillian™

I wanted to increase the moisture in the top layer of my mix so I cut out some landscapng fabric to go around the plant and then added a layer of black plastic from a trash bag on top of that. After two days I noticed moisture coming through the fabric.

I didn't realize that you had to boost the humidity that much during the pollentation phase. I guess I'll have to put a humidifer in the room with the plants during that time. I do have an electric toothbrush for hand pollentation. I also have a small makeup brush that I could use for transferring pollen from one flower to another but I hope just buzzing the flowers will be enough.

I bought the following determinate tomato seeds from TomatoFest.com. I may have choosen too many varieties considering that I would only have room for growing three plants at any one time but I wanted to see what I could do.

Beaverlodge Slicer
Black Sea Man-Heirloom
Burbank Slicing
Early Wonder
Silvery Fir Tree
Sophie's Choice
Tiny Tim
Manitoba

I like the design for the InnTainer but I think I would have to use the 14 gallon container due to the space limitation. I would only have space for three units.

Last edited by ArthurDent004; April 12, 2013 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Posted before finished
ArthurDent004 is offline   Reply With Quote