View Single Post
Old April 5, 2013   #17
lakelady
Tomatovillian™

Can't live without Basil, Parsley, thyme (lemon is my favorite), Italian Oregano, spearmint, orange mint, sage and lemongrass and chives. I have lemon balm growing like weeds here, sage too, and my rosemary is still in the ground from last year, big surprise. I also like chocolate mint, and have lots of peppermint here.

WILD ONIONS grow everywhere, and I cannot get rid of them. Last weekend I dug all of them up where I found them, and tonight found many more clumps. Can I eat them? lol. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, eh?

I buy Lemongrass every year and try to bring it in for part of winter, I love it . Unfortunately, my tuxedo cat has a huge appetite for the stuff too. He won't touch the cat grass I grow for him, he wants lemongrass.

This year I'm trying Chamomile, Marjoram, Summer Savory. I use Basil and Parsley the most, wish they grew year round.

I think the trick with cilantro is to just keep it picked as much as you can as fast as you can and keep sowing. I never get the big leaves the grocery store has, but with lots of plants, I can get some decent harvests.