View Single Post
Old March 27, 2013   #210
Dewayne mater
Tomatovillian™

Raybo

I think I slightly cracked the tub on one of my oldest earthtainers when moving it into the garage to protect the plants from a late spring freeze. It already has one foot tall plants growing in it, so I don't want to disturb those plants if possible. Have you ever repaired a base/tub to fix a water leak? If so, what worked? I was thinking I'd look for an epoxy of some sort that I could apply to the outside to work as a barrier, then perhaps duct taping over that. I would imagine some epoxy's would work on that type of plastic, but, on the other hand, I have concern about the water reservoir always have epoxy leaching into the plants' water source. I would rather like to avoid unintentionally exposing the plants and mostly the fruit to toxic materials.

My other thought was to build another one, get it up and going and try to transfer the plants. That would take at least a week because of the grow medium needing time with the lime before planting. Still, I could refill the leaking tainer frequently in the mean time. I suppose I'm asking if there is a lazy and safe solution here? Any thoughts? Thanks.

Dewayne Mater.
Dewayne mater is offline   Reply With Quote