View Single Post
Old March 14, 2013   #85
nadine18
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
First off, there is a method of stabilization called single seed descent, used by many plant breeders.
So when you join the inner circle, do you get like a hand out or something on how to derail a thread? I think you forgot rule #3, there does not seem to be any humor in your post. Although, I did have to laugh that GunnarSK made three posts and the only new information that I got from them was that, dang that Beverley sure does seem to get around.

As for this method you are posting about, are your homies using it? I think not. Which is too bad, because it seems like the perfect method to use if you are breeding tomatoes just so you can mark a really cool name off the list.

I don't actually think your posse has a method, it seems to me that they just cross willy nilly and send out the seeds to anyone that will grow them. Then they keep and name every dang tomato that grows out. "ohhh, what a great find..." Has your crew ever met a bad tomato? Obviously not, or the rest of us wouldn't be subjected to hundreds of pictures of butt ugly tomatoes on a dirty blue plate.

If you really want to add something to this thread, why don't you pick one of the many crosses your friends have made and give us an exact timeline showing just how they go from cross to stable in 2 years.
nadine18 is offline   Reply With Quote