View Single Post
Old March 14, 2013   #77
surf4grrl
Tomatovillian™

You know, I also understand things do not necessarily conform to the shape exact shape.

These plants were throwing the shape exact shape on all plants throughout the entire growing season in 2011. Meaning, pears stayed pears, rounds stayed rounds etc etc.

They were stable along the individual plants. They weren't changing shapes as was stated as the season continued (as was suggested in one of those screen shots).

The thing that turned me off for good was having an obvious a cross, having been told "gee no, I NEVER saw that white tomato before" - and then having it come out months later as a new variety. & to be told that I should've taken the photo with the tomato on the plant because further proof was needed!

Plus, all this nonsense talk about growing throughout the year in greenhouses through the winter to stabilize all these varieties.

Do the math people, do you know how many thousands of square feet you'd need in a greenhouse to stabilize it to an F7? You couldn't do that with what amounts to large unheated sheds/hobby greenhouses!

You need alot of space and alot of plants - for just one variety to stabilize.
surf4grrl is offline   Reply With Quote