View Single Post
Old February 27, 2013   #79
sio2rocks
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug9345 View Post
I too want to say thanks Hotwire. The reason I said I might not replace the 2700K bulbs has to with having flowers in the winter. I just realized they don't show but that petunia plant has been flowering profusely for 3 weeks now and it is also a supplement to window light. You know how little sun we get in the winter. Most of my tomatoes start inside and end up under plastic or glass outside.

I just got back from our local Walmart. The General Electric Daylight CFLs are $11.88 for four. You really have to look them over to find the 6500K marking. It's an arrow on a line on the back. The Great Value, their house brand was $9.00
I have a flat of periwinkles under some 6500k fluorescents that I have been raising since they were little plugs. They are now around four inches tall and wide and are all starting to flower significantly. I don't really see any difference between mine and the ones at work in a greenhouse under sunlight other than mine are about 2 weeks ahead of theirs' growth wise (theirs' have just started to bud up mine have been for about a week now). So I think the 6500k work well for flowering in typical plants as well as being the best for vegetative growth.

Colin
sio2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote