View Single Post
Old February 27, 2013   #77
Doug9345
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billydove View Post
Thank you "Hotwired" for pointing out I was looking at the wrong bulbs. I am also enjoying the link to your setup. Extremly informative!!!

Thank you as well "Doug9345". Tractorsupply site is currently down for maintence however I look forward to seeing what fixture you use. Would you mind telling me which CFL bulbs you get from Wallyworld as I do not see any 6500K Daylight CFL Bulbs on their site.

Thank you
I too want to say thanks Hotwire. The reason I said I might not replace the 2700K bulbs has to with having flowers in the winter. I just realized they don't show but that petunia plant has been flowering profusely for 3 weeks now and it is also a supplement to window light. You know how little sun we get in the winter. Most of my tomatoes start inside and end up under plastic or glass outside.

I just got back from our local Walmart. The General Electric Daylight CFLs are $11.88 for four. You really have to look them over to find the 6500K marking. It's an arrow on a line on the back. The Great Value, their house brand was $9.00
Doug9345 is offline   Reply With Quote