View Single Post
Old February 27, 2013   #1
mdvpc
TomatovilleŽ Moderator

Default My Global Bucket Using Only Liquid Fert

I am experimenting with a global bucket that I am only using liquid fert with. Its in my greenhouse and was planted out about the first week of January or so. Its a Bushy Chabarovsky. Its a determinate dwarf variety, usually about 1.5-2.0 feet tall. My bucket is made the way the website describes. The mix is Fertilome Ultimate Potting Mix.

There is no fertilizer strip-I have only been using liquid fert as a soil drench about every two week-I put in about 1/2 gallon.

I started using General Hydroponics 7-4-10 with micros-its called Flora Nova Grow-1 tsp per gallon. I used that about 3 times. I then used twice Flora Nova Bloom, which is a 4-8-7 with micros (not as complete as Grow, but it has cal/mag and some other micros-1 tsp per gallon twice. I am now using 0-4-4 Saltwater Farms Sea Start, 1 tsp per gallon. I shaved a little bit of BiotaMax from one of the tablets, and put it in with the first Sea Start soil drench.

I have never seen as many flowers as this plant has, and I have grown this variety at least 3 times. There are at least 19 fruit right now, and there are probably 50 flowers on the plant.

The water is my usual ro water-I have been using it for 5 years or so, so that is not different. The only thing different is the liquid fert only in the global bucket.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (197.4 KB, 201 views)