username5
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
No need to reinvent the wheel.

Here's a forum that is already devoted to the discussion
of composting (and other things.....)

http://www.tomatoville.com/viewtopic.php?t=1919
True, there are sites out there where composting can be discussed. Then again there are sites out there where one can discuss tomatos as well.

I guess what *this* site needs is a clear vision.

Is it tomatoville or TOMATOVILLE!!!!

While it seems to have originally been a website for Garden Web tomato forum regulars to seek refuge from the annoying pop ups and villiage idiot policies of 'that other site', it appears to be undergoing some growing pains.

There are polls to determine if there should be a general veggie forum and there are already seperate forums for herbs, potatos and peppers (are there others yet?).

For me as a simple member I really have nothing invested one way or another, I tend to run into many of the same folks in my forum travels.

It does seem to me though that the powers that be behind this site provide some direction on where it is going.

Is it to remain a tomato only site? If so, why the non tomato forums? Is it to become a more general site? If so, why not a compost forum?

Again, I don't really care one way or the other (not entirely true), but this site seems to lack direction in terms of what it will or will not become. Not a huge deal, but I guess I don't understand why one request to have a herb or potato forum would get acted on, but a request to have a compost or veggie forum may or may not get acted upon.

What is the criteria used to determine whether a request will or will not be implemented? It can't possibly be whether or not the topic is adequately covered by another forum since gardenweb covers most everything even if the current owners are the [i]villiage idiots.