View Single Post
Old January 5, 2013   #36
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinaRussian View Post
Andrey, I have seen that picture before, and the one I have as "Snickers" is much smaller, but who knows, maybe it's just my growing conditions that effect the fruit size.

And yes, there are Rozoviy Flamingo plums, and there's a heart one from Popenko, which I recently got. There's another RF and it's pepper-shaped and striped. The Ukrainian RF is a fat paste/heart one.

bower, I'm in the same situation you're in but I'm willing to grow your Black Pepper, because the Russians have a "thing" for pepper-shaped tomatoes.

I also have 6 seeds of Kubinskiy Pertsevidniy and I got a hold of Pertsevidniy Cherniy from Denis Terentiev's collection.

http://happygarden.com.ua/published/...iy_cherniy.jpg

Scott, do you have room to grow them all out and compare? If so, I will send you some seeds.
I have room. Did you wan't them compared? I most certainly can and it would be cool to settle it once and for all, but its up to you.

What would you like in trade?

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote