View Single Post
Old January 4, 2013   #11
Scope
Tomatovillian™

It's been a long time. I've had cold and backache. Ouch! But I'm fine now.

Thank you Doug. I always considering how to develop their root and ability. I often forget about root system which support plant and fruits. Plant doesn't grow well without root development. I agree with you.
Here in Japan, our customs became fairly nervous. Because of Potato Spindle Tuber Viroid.(PSTV) There is TYLCV in Japan and causes problems. TYLCV isn't transmitted by seeds or through scissors which touched the plant affected by TYLCV. PSTV is not. Most of the seed company in US can't respond to our customs requirement this year. Officially.
If they find tomato seeds, they'll throw away or return them absolutely. I noticed this last December....

Thank you,Steve. I'm in a flood of tomato seeds. thank you so much.
Our greenhouse is controlled 52゜F at night. I can grow them around 40゜F. But tomatoes will be catfacing. Our commercial varieties don't produce pollens under 50゜F( It's depend on the daytime temp.) I think such situation is not suitable for tomatoes. Besides we need to produce globe shaped beautiful tomatoes. Are strange shaped tomatoes accepted in farmers market in US?

By the way, I have to show our cultivation system. Our cultivation(in the greenhouse) is separated from the ground. This is called 'Taru' system. 'Taru' means a kind of barrel.(They look alike so.)
Usually we plant 4-6 plant on each 'Taru'. Feed the liquid fertilizer. At this point, 'Taru' has cavity for the water tank which are overflowed water including fertilizer. The cavity helps continuous water absorption.
But this 'Taru' tend to overgrown the weeds.
Do you have system like this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010742.JPG (57.4 KB, 87 views)
Scope is offline   Reply With Quote