View Single Post
Old December 30, 2012   #9
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckCreekFarms View Post
I usualy target my Tomato seeding date about Feb 14, however I will try earlier this year because of the weather we have been having the past couple of years. Probably try to shoot for Feb 1 or a week earlier.

Our normal frost free date is about April 15, but last year it was early March. and it looks like this might be the same this year with the warmer than normal predictions.

Thanks!

And sweet potatoes? Do you ship them? And when do you suggest I order? I am completely new to sweet potatoes in Oklahoma. I have grown them in Indiana and Florida, but not here.

PS Unlike the rest of Oklahoma I usually only need to water 3 or 4 times a year. Mostly due to all the work I put into the soil. Even last year in the middle of the drought I seldom needed to water. Of course I can if needed though. What variety do you recommend? OOPS Sory Gary I see you already answered what varieties! My bad.

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture

Last edited by Redbaron; December 30, 2012 at 10:20 PM.
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote