Thread: Grub Update
View Single Post
Old February 17, 2006   #39
Grub
Tomatovillian™

Default More Coming

Picked another load today. Very excited because a big fat bomb of a Prue, my first, is in this lot. Some other Prue fruits are hearts

Also my first Golden Queen to compare with a similarly ripe Golden Monarch. Then there is a troica of nice round Persey, my first of these determinates about double-golf ball size.

Also picked eight from the clump of 11 fruits on the Large Big Dwarf in the ground, plus plenty of regular reds. Oh, and that's right, a nice big first Dr Neal for the year. And Victorian Dwarf is very productive in a pot. I just scoffed down a Kimberly ( or maybe it was a Russian Red) as this was taken. Nice and sweet.

This is late summer so the plants are doing very well. A little dieback and EB on the undergrowth, but that's my arm holding a Livingston's Favorite beside the plant. I suppose it (and many others) are 8ft, the height of their stakes, and climbing now.

The slow patch is now starting to take off, with fruitset on my second Earl's Faux, Box Car Willie, Mule Team, Mortgage Lifter, Akers West Virginia (I am so in love with the stocky vase-like growth habit of this darling) and more.

And in the kitchen there is plenty to choose from, which might explain my keen hunting look. That's the Prue in my hand...

But first things first. Tonight we have our first deliciously ripe Earl's Faux to tuck into.

Catch you with the next update soon.

I see my first Cherokee Purple, for this season, on the turn. And there are many of Craig's in my fall patch
Grub is offline   Reply With Quote