View Single Post
Old October 16, 2006   #7
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

For the least expensive seeds and high quality as to germination and trueness to variety I suggest folks check out Sandhill Preservation.

Glenn sells no seeds that are over 2 years old and each packet has way more than the amount specified as many here have discovered.

At the website note that orders are only taken at certain times of the year, and not via the website, since Glenn is a full time Science teacher and is also Curator of Cucurbits for SSE.

And rthre are over 400 varieties listed.

I send the best of what I grow to both TGS and Sandhill and will continue to do that b'c I trust both of those places and respect the integrity of the owners.

In times past I've also sent seeds to Pinetree, Johnny's and Marianne Jones for trial and that's why Marianne 2was the first to offer AGG online other than the old Wyatt site.

But sending to just those two is good enough for me these days.''It takes Linda a minimum of 2 years to turn around a variety she likes b'c she subcontracts but Glenn can do it in one summer since he grows all his own and produces all his seed.

I've been chatting with Linda at TGS of late and all the info for the new 2007 catalog was sent to the pre-press last Monday. And there are some great new OP varieties that will be offered. No, I can't say what they are and never would b'c there's still time for those commercial folks who read here but don't post, to take that info and run with it.