View Single Post
Old December 21, 2012   #50
kilroyscarnival
Tomatovillian™

Thanks, hope so. Edgar popped by yesterday and he actually said I did a good job on the construction, but offered to put together a second one for/ with me next week, so I will take hi up on that.

Today I visited a hydroponics store, to see what they had. They have Actinovate so I got the sall package, and a rooting hormone gel I am going to try, mostly on the Cuban oregano which seems slow to root. I remembered a friend who said she used that store for supplies for her bonsai said they had wor castings, so I thought they might also sell worms. But no, they have bags of commercial worm castings. Worms who sold out... Sad. He didn't have a source on worms so I checked out a live bait place I saw on Craigslist. Got two small containers of red wigglers.

I slso stopped at this tree nursery where I got two little dwarf banana trees. They didn't have any avocado or mango trees; he said it was the wrong time of year to plant the anyway. Oh, we'll, the banana ones are cute, and fit in my car so I didn't have to rent a pickup or anything.

I didn't get any plants in the raised bed today. It is supposed to go down to 38 F or so, and the wind is kicking up, so I thought I would wait just in case I feel the need to being stuff inside. The cherry toms in the homemade SWC have humongously taken off. I added a layer of leaf lunch on top of the plastic.

Did run the mower. There was a little green stuff, but mostly leaf matter. Then walked around front to see my box from Johnny's arrived. Brussels sprouts, broccoli and raab, an orange bell pepper, Tango celery, those mini watermelons, and from the $1 sale section, Striped Cavern tomatoes, a parsnip, a Genovese basil, and picador shallot. At the hydroponics store I got some marigold seeds, and a red basil.
kilroyscarnival is offline   Reply With Quote