View Single Post
Old December 5, 2012   #62
kilroyscarnival
Tomatovillian™

If you have a Kindle, or Kindle free software for the iAd or PC, there is a free Kindle version of a book called Organic Gardener's Composting [Kindle Edition] by
Steve Solomon. I figured, what the heck, it is free, so checked it out. It rambles a bit and in other places it is way above my needs.

One interesting point he gets into is that if you have farm livestock, you have access not only to manure but to urine-soaked straw and earth, whose use is detailed. He summarizes in one part, however accurately I cannot attest, the research and work of Sir Albert Howard and his Indore Method. Which in itself might make the cost of zero worthwhile if you have ready access to animal wastes.

Just thought I would mention in case anyone is interested. It is my first year using Kindle (for the iPad) and I would say it has its pros and cons, but one of the pros is a fairly rich offering of free to low cost books, like Twain's The Gilded Age, and the fact that my library lends Kindle versions of books I can download from home. (They expire when due back.) The cons include some junk out there like the tomato growing books previously discussed for the Kindle.
kilroyscarnival is offline   Reply With Quote