View Single Post
Old October 23, 2012   #89
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun City Linda View Post
Redbaron - It is my recollection that quite a few folks from TVille have offered to help Penny previously.
I did help Penny last year to review the catalog and correct the names. She was doing her best to make corrections. I appreciated Penny's attitude and was happy to help. At that time I also mentioned to her about the copyrighted photos. It really bothers me when people use someone else work without permission and/or without giving an appropriate attribution. Even if 'someone else' is doing it, it is still illegal - and if you don't care about law - it is not fair or professional.

I looked at the website yesterday I still see a wrong name there - i.e. 'Penny's Persimmon Tomato'. I'd guess this is a well-known Persimmon tomato. Perhaps she forgot to change it online?

I still see lots of pictures which originals I have seen at other places.

My personal opinion - this is not an acceptable business practice. And this alone would stop me from recommending such business to anyone. I think Mischka has his very good reasons to remove the website from the list of recommended vendors, and he has full right to do so, as Tomatoville is his baby.

I also completely understand Ted and how he feels about seeing his photo at Penny's.

Will people continue to buy from Penny? I'd think so. Especially with all the attention she is getting now.

I also think that this discussion here will gladly be used by some other 'competitive' forums to pour more dirt on Tomatoville. Any means will do, right?

I am so sad.
Tatiana

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote