Thread: Carolyn's Book
View Single Post
Old October 22, 2012   #349
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandechartreuse View Post
Dear Friends at TVille,

Thought some folks who love Carolyn’s book—oh and her too—might like to read an interview I did with her this summer for The Altamont Enterprise in Albany County, NY.

The URL for the interview is: http://www.altamontenterprise.com/Im...%208-23-12.pdf

See pages 10-11; please excuse one or two editorial blips.

Of course in person she did not fail to delight as is the case w/ her libro.

Many thanks,

Grandechartreuse
What a surprise Dennis. I can't get it to download but will try tomorrow again, but since I have the original Altamont Enterprise paper that contained your interview I'm OK with that. I moed here from jsut north of Albany and Vorheesville where Dennis and Don live is just SW of Albany and I know the area well, as we discussed.

I know I sent you an e-mail thanks and asked you to also thank Don, who had written me a lovely note about his visit up here with you. And I did write a bit about your visit here in I think the Dester thread, or one of them, since you brought with you those two huge ones. And I took a big bite out of each one and then fermented the rest,

Dennis had set up the appointment and I expected the standard questions, but when he and Don got here I discovered that Dennis was I think a 30 year SSE member and so the questions he asked were not exactly the ones I'd expected. Don is a retired attorney and his head just swilvled between Dennis and I but Dennis has done a great job in recruiting Don to heirloom tomatoes.

We talked rapid fine for perhaps two hours and then I asked them if they could go to the back yard and read the labels on some of my plants, which Don did while Dennis took a picture.

But I had NO IDEA that Dennis was going to publish the picture of me in my recliner chair in one of my lounging outfits.

I don't know how many folks will see your post and read the interview b'c most folks post interviews and video interviews in the GEneral Discussin area.

And I think I told Dennis in my e-mail that a former HS classmate of mine mentioned the article in one of the e-mails leading up to a HS class reunion, so while I couldn't attend at least the others knew I was still alive and I think Bob may have linked to the article as well and I got quite a few responses from our far flung classmates form Israel, to CA, to AZ,. etc.

Thanks again, Dennis.