View Single Post
Old October 11, 2012   #5
bower
Tomatovillian™

I must admit I was impressed with the number of remedies reported online that are foods, including cooking oil, fresh tomato, ketchup, lime, and all kinds of dairy products, not to mention alcohol (liquor as a solvent for capsaicin).

Last night, as I was considering using cream cheese to dress my finger burns, I couldn't help wondering whether the cheese 'dressing' could be bandaged with something appropriate, filo pastry maybe, or even resort to a cooked lasagna noodle for the wrap.... A little seasoning with lime juice and tomato sauce wouldn't interfere with the intended burn care.

This way of course I could follow RedBaron's advice, and lick my fingers very well if the bandage didn't work on the burn.
Then follow up with a quick soak of the fingers in brandy - which should then be drunk down, for maximum benefit in general pain relief.
Seriously though, I'm still working on the overall capsaicin residue grand cleanup and purge, since I treated it so carelessly and my fingers are still glowing. Now I'm wondering what about wooden cutting boards - can I really get all capsaicin off it, or should I retire the board and stick to glass or ceramic for future chopping?
bower is offline   Reply With Quote