View Single Post
Old September 30, 2012   #7
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun City Linda View Post
Well, thats not much of a house warming!
Hi Linda, I agree and of course they(the owners) say they know nothing about the house and any problems. I can bet they knew all about the problems they created with their stupid design and don't want to pay to fix it. It really amazes me that people design things without really thinking them through and then wonder why their project falls apart.

If only you had seen the ship shod wall they built in the garage to separate the washer and dryer area to make it a separate room. My husband already tore that down and rebuilt it from the ground up, now it looks and holds like it was originally built with the house. I about pushed it over one day when I lost my balance in there and couldn't believe how flimsy the thing was. My husband told me to be careful around it but I didn't know it was that bad.

Thank goodness there are no other issues regarding the house that we know of and the inspector we had take a look before we made an offer told us the same things we knew about and just a couple other small items that needed fixing.

It's all done, now on to the water issue but we won't fix this until we close on the house and that isn't until the end of October. I am not risking putting more money into the house if we don't actually get to buy it. We just wanted it inspected and small things fixed to help with the closing and bypass any potential areas that would need correction prior. I guess this is one of the benefits when you are actually moved in and renting prior to purchase. Oh yeah, we moved in at the end of August and the house was offered for sale in mid September so that was a fast option to purchase.

~Margaret Atwood~

Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote