View Single Post
Old September 26, 2012   #35
remy
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Coordinator

Carolyn,
No, I know they have conferences in Geneva, but I've never been. Well I've been to Geneva many a time just not the conferences. I've also been to Lake George many times. I went there ever year as a kid!
It is so nice that Mike stopped to see you. Maybe if Hilde is in the US next summer, we can make a road trip to visit like we wanted to a couple years ago.
You're right about them probably not checking small companies, but I would like to think most small companies care about what they are selling and do the right thing. Then again rip off artists come in all sizes.

Kath,
You should complain. I know I want to know if someone had a problem. Most good places will try to fix the problem one way or another. Of course sometimes companies change owners and things go downhill.
Sometimes weird things can happen with germination. For example, I started Red and White Fall beans last year with all my other beans, none germinated. I probably started oh about 10 seeds. This year, being the eternal optimist sowed them again, and I over sowed. Well, every single one of them came up!
No seeds out a whole pack of tomatoes in 3 sowings though is bad.
Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Owner of The Sample Seed Shop