View Single Post
Old August 12, 2012   #4
Chenango
Tomatovillian™

Default Jimmy

Of course you will get bigger plants an a better production if You space your pepper plant far apart but my garden is quite small and I crowd them a little bit but them don't mind because I have plenty of fruits every year.

About Jimmy Nardello's sweet pepper: It's the perfect pepper to fry in a pan with some olive oil but, I agree with You, Tolly is a better one if You intend to grill it since its walls are thicker.

I hope your husband will like the Gernika but keep in mind that they are suppose to by pan fried in a little bit of olive oil untill they wilt and their skin get browned and then You just sprinkle them with your best seasalt. You use them while they are still green. If your husband doesn't like green pepper or thin skinned peppers, You may have a problem !?!?!?

I like these peppers as appetizer while I am enjoying a classic martini cocktail... something salty an smoky that goes perfectly with my drink.

Now about the Dester tomato: Of course I would like to try it in summer 2013 but my tomato selection is already made and I will have room for only one or two plant. So, If You are kind enough to give me some seed, I don't need much and I don't need it right now .
Chenango is offline   Reply With Quote