View Single Post
Old September 14, 2006   #3
Polar_Lace
Tomatovillian™

I'm glad you brought this subject up; where_with_all.

This is what I'm about to do - Cover my plants with some of these things: (home made of course; with the garden fabric) - I bought Floating Row Cover Material (61 inches wide x 55 feet) that I bought from Gurney's earlier this year.

Floating Row Cover Material (60 inches x 25 feet) is available for only $10.00 (at $3.00 for shipping & handling) Postage USA price. The location is right over in PA; so you don't pay any NYS taxes, & it comes right to your door.

....... (Supplies can only be shipped within the 48 continental United States)

Garden Supplies from Heirloom Seeds
Quote:
Made of light-weight, spun-bonded Polypropylene fabric. Drape the cover loosely over your plants, and secure the edges into the soil using fabric pegs or dirt. As the plants grow, the lightweight fabric is gently lifted by the crops. Water and sunlight can penetrate the cover easily, but insects can't get through the cover at your growing crops! Floating row covers also offer frost protection down to 28 degrees F. Wonderful for spinach, beets, cabbage, lettuce, radish or chard! For vegetables that need insect pollination, such as cucumbers, peppers, or squash, simply remove the cover when your vegetables are beginning to flower. Never let the insects get the best of your crops again!
Heavyweight Row Cover 10x10 from Gurney's

Gurney's Season Extenders

Gardens Alive Floating Row Covers

HTH !!