View Single Post
Old June 18, 2012   #15
Chrissykin
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsguy76 View Post
I use time release synthetics exclusively in my containers with great results. But I would love to get similar results with organics. I wont hijack this thread but I'm interested in how people do it organic in traditional containers with great results.

Damon
I use the Espoma fertilizers as well as Neptunes Harvest. When I initially set up my containers I mix the fertilizer right in the mix. As the season progresses I scratch it in the top few inches. I foliar feed with Neptunes Harvest throughout the summer and my containers do very well.

I am a first year Earth Box user as so far couldn't be happier. There has been no disease so far and the growth has been nothing short of amazing. I have peppers in the ground as well as an EB and the EB peppers are more than five times the size of the ones in the ground. I set my EB up as instructed with the the Espoma products, I foliar feed with the Neptunes Harvest and at the same time I throw two tablespoons down the tube.

The plants look so healthy and are lush, full and my tomatoes are loaded with flowers, eggplant is the same way. The Aunt Molly's are insane, they are so big and my kids will never begin to eat all the fruits on them.

Last edited by Chrissykin; June 18, 2012 at 07:22 AM.
Chrissykin is offline   Reply With Quote