View Single Post
Old June 2, 2012   #42
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Your welcome Ivy and here is a pic of the supports I told you I had to get for the unexpected indeterminates I was given. They were supposed to be determinates and well surprise! Unfortunately I have had to cut them way back because I don't have the space for them and the fact they become real top heavy is a bad thing here too. I cannot sink anything into the ground here.

If you want to grow indeterminates in your buckets you will need to find a way to keep them upright.

In the meantime I used some green 6' long posts I purchased at walmart to provide extra support in my grids. I zip tied them to the bottom of the grid as well as the top of the gird and this allows me to tie the long branches up for support.

See the photo and here is the link for what I bought at Walmart. The link is for the 4' one but I bought the 6' one at the store and I didn't buy in bulk, they don't have that choice for Walmart for the 6'. Of course I am not sure what I would have done with 100 of them.

I used three per bucket to allow for support and sometimes I think I could have used more. The 6' ones cost more than $2 each I think.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bond-Manuf...100pc/20221691
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6'gardenrodsaddedforsupportinearthbucket5gallon.JPG (209.0 KB, 120 views)

~Margaret Atwood~

Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote