View Single Post
Old May 20, 2012   #1
johnnytwofingers
Tomatovillian™

Default Good forum specializing in drip irrigation?

Can anyone recommend a forum that specializes in drip irrigation? I'm just doing my patio now and have come across a few questions.

Maybe I'll post the questions here just in case someone has an idea.....

1. 4 GPH PC dripper, no such thing? I'm having a bit of an issue of the ratio of the smallest to largest pots on one circuit, the largest PC dripper I could find was 2GPHand the smallest was 0.5 GPH; I have a 4 GPH non-PC, but I think those allow back flow from the circuit, which would flood that containers it is lower than others. Is splitting the hose and adding 2 x 2GPH the only way to go?

2. Dispersion of the drip - I have some 12 inch diameter flower pots with very sandy soil and more than one flower planted, so I'm concerned about drip wateringyer hitting all the roots properly. A sprayer nozzle is not an option (I don't think, due to their much higher consumption than droppers on same circuit), so I'd like to find an attachment or something that can use a single dripper, but spread the drip into a bit bigger of a radius. My thought so far are putting something about the size of a silver dollar at the drip spot to splash it out a bit, or just use a barbed tee to spread the drip (but that's only wider in one dimension, doesn't spread it circularly).
johnnytwofingers is offline   Reply With Quote