View Single Post
Old May 12, 2012   #43
RayR
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by babice View Post
Thanks Rayr and ami! I am so glad you alerted me to this because I don't want to kill the good guys in the soil either! Do you think Neem Oil is a good choice for the interval week? Actinovate/ExelLG one week and then Neem Oil the next week? What's a good organic alternative (without spending the big bucks on Azoxystrobin)? Or maybe the Cornell Formula?
Neem Oil worked pretty well for Powdery Mildew on squash, I don't know how effective it is for Tomato fungal pathogens. I've never used the so-called Cornell Formula.
I'd rather keep it simple myself, then try to mix alternate applications of various treatments and have no idea what is actually effective or not.
This year I'll be using ExcelLG and Actinovate, I'm also a big fan of liquid Fish and/or Seaweed and molasses added to the foliar mix.
There's only one other product called BIOWISH-CROP that I'm am going to experiment with this year as I had promising results with last year as an anti-fungal on Tomato plants. Their technology is based on 3 bacteria, Pediococcus pentosaceus Mees, Pediococcus acidilactici & Bacillus subtilis and 2 yeast, Dekkera anomala & Pichia farinosa.
RayR is offline   Reply With Quote