View Single Post
Old May 4, 2012   #10
sfmathews
Tomatovillian™

I'm with Stormy, I grew Purple Marconi for the first time last year. They did great, though I didn't get much in the brutal heat of summer, but boy, do they make up for it when it cools off. They peppers are beautiful on the plant, blackish-purple before turning red. They do much better than bells for me here in TX as well. I also like Jimmy N and Lemmies Sweet Italian. Stomy I think you sent me a sweet Italian frying pepper, so I've got that one growing out there as well. I am also trying the Golden Marconi this year too.
I love Jalapenos and Serranos. I've also got some habs, Fatalii's, Aji Amarillo and Bishops Crown that I overwintered from last year. And I'm crazy, but also have a Trinidad Scorpion growing. No idea what I will do when they make pods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinonfaith View Post
For sweet, Marconi. Big beautiful peppers that are great for everything, from salads to grilling. They do better than the bells for me. No sunscald and the slugs don't like them quite as much for some reason. They do take a bit longer than some of the others, so it's good to have an earlier variety to hold you over.
sfmathews is offline   Reply With Quote