View Single Post
Old May 3, 2012   #54
Crandrew
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by z_willus_d View Post
I'm also noticing a lot of blossoms that are going un-pollinated. I've had bees in the area like crazy, but I swear they're all forsaking my vines. They make a beeline for the large Lavender plants and ignore the veggies. So, I think it's time to get out the vibrating brush and get it on with the plants. Yet another chore. Ugh, yes this can be fun too.
-n
Or you could plant a few lavender plants in pots and set them on the boarders of your beds. Moving them based on what is flowering

Quote:
Originally Posted by babice View Post
Also - rosemary. I have good success with rosemary attracting bees. Someone on this site said "rosemary is bee crack". Break down and buy an already grown rosemary from your nursery and put it close to your toms (not as far away as your lavender or you'll have the same problemo). It beats all that trouble you're talking about going thru with the "vibrating brush"!
Yes I know my local grocery store (trader Joes) carries lavender and rosemary plants in 1gal pots for 4.50 and carry basin in 1gal pots for 3.

I have a 5 foot by 5 foot rosemary monster that is like a hotel/dayclub for bees. They party all day long, but still manage to find the other items.
Crandrew is offline   Reply With Quote