View Single Post
Old April 30, 2012   #47
z_willus_d
Tomatovillian™

Well it wasn't easy nor cheap necessarily, owing to the expensive spray paint, but I managed to get a roughly flattened strip atop my hillside (at the precipice) and arrange eight painted half-barrels. They don't look too great yet as the plastic is bent out of shape and deformed. I expect them to round out nicely once they're filled up with my grow medium. I had hoped to get them filled and plant out sixteen tomato seedlings I have just begging for a home, but lo there was not enough time in this busy weekend -- only so many light hours. I'll post a few pics with the final result probably sometime next weekend when I finish loading and planting the barrels. I think I'll use standard three-prong cages to start out the 2/per vines. Above these I'll run 10' conduit with a trellis hanging to catch the vines as they creep beyond the cages.

You can see some of my Winter InnTainers on their patio racks as well as the now rain catcher EarthTainer components that I've yet to build up in the background of the 2nd pic.
-naysen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-04-29_19-22-38_587.jpg (141.8 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-04-29_19-23-14_224.jpg (219.1 KB, 43 views)
z_willus_d is offline   Reply With Quote