View Single Post
Old March 29, 2012   #51
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kath View Post
Carolyn,

I'm responding because I'm the one growing Josefina- you posted about it this am on one of your feedback threads and I responded there. But since it applies more to this thread, let me say again that I was contacted today via PM by the source of the seeds and the confusion was due to a simple spelling error that appeared only on the packet that he sent me. He asked me to thank you for pointing out the spelling error and I've since corrected it in all the various places where I've written it. The variety is indeed called and spelled Josefina and the seeds were purchased by Tania a couple of years ago. Tania doesn't list this as a hybrid on her website, so I'm assuming it's not, but there is apparently a variety called Josefina that is a hybrid because I saw it via a google search. I don't know anything about the variety called Josephine other than what you've stated. So I think all is well with my list.

And yes, I'm quite happy that life isn't just about growing tomatoes.

kath
Maybe my memory isn't that good or the subdural hematoma really did rearrange some brain cells, and I know I ran across that pack of seeds that Bama Mater sent me, that I remember with great clarity, and see how "whatever" was spelled on the seed pack, and yes I did grow them out but no seeds were saved, critter damage, but I remember it as a medium sized round red, not sweet, but something like Valiant or New Yorker, etc. with a stronger taste.

Was it Bama who contacted you? If so, his memroy would be better than mine b'c he's the one who sent me the seeds.