View Single Post
Old March 28, 2012   #52
RebelRidin
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefbeaz View Post
Your terminology may have been wrong but, you were right. This is a new designed engine that I have never heard of until today. A 4 stroke engine that doesn't have a crank case so you have to mix the oil with the gas. Who would have thought it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually we have been running 4 cycle engines with fuel and oil mixture in model airplanes for many years, (look up SAITO engines). Thet have some pretty amazing little power plants, glow power, gasoline power, single-cylinder, multi-cylinder even five cylinder radials. I have a couple four stroke and one radial in my collection. They have a smooth low end with lots of torque to swing bigger (read scale) props. Two cycles just have to rev to high to make power to swing those big props. They are very popular and very desirable on the flight line

PS - I have been super happy with my old Mantis (Echo 2 cycle). After 18 years though it needs replacement...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg SAIE325R5D_a0.jpeg (10.5 KB, 24 views)

George

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure."
Thomas Jefferson, 1787
RebelRidin is offline   Reply With Quote