View Single Post
Old March 25, 2012   #5
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinonfaith View Post
My favorite one so far is my Little White Rabbit, a small white cherry tomato. The leaves are small and deeply cut, delicate and ornamental.
Are you sure you have the right variety?

That variety was bred by Joe Bratka and the correct name is just White Rabbit and it isn't that different from the other so called whites that he bred which include Ghost, Snowwhite and Super Snow white and they all have just regular sized leaves that are RL, but not deeply cut.

And none of them gives a white fruit, which is true for almost all so called whites. The fruits vary in color from an ivory color to a pale yellow to a deeper yellow depending on the specific variety, the degree of foliage cover and the degree of UV.

What you describe sounds more to me like the foliage of Silvery Fir Tree, and varieties such as Carrot like, etc. which do have small thin leaves, very narrow, deeply dissected and are very ornamental. The variety Lucinda, which was bred by Fred Hempel and I just offered it it my now closed seed offer is a green when ripe with that kind of foliage b'c Silvery Fir tree was a parent.

Just b'c I'm curious, where did you get the seeds that were labelled Little White Rabbit? At a commercial site or traded seeds? And how were they described either at the commercial site or by the person who you traded with.

Hope that helps.