View Single Post
Old March 21, 2012   #12
RebelRidin
Tomatovillian™

Hi Janezee,

I am tickled with the corners. They had perplexed me for awhile. I thought about a conduit bender but that still left the problem of joinig the conduit sections. As I was looking at the prebent conduit coners at Lowes I realized that even with those only one end was flared... Then I had one of those "hey what if" moments and realized I could combine PVC conduit elbows with metal thinwall and pin them together with a bent over galvanized nail... The pictures should make that part fairly clear.

The total cost per trellis is about $8.50 including the netting and I get two leftover 36" pieces of thinwall that will become pepper stakes. I was also considering buying some flat 44 inch by 84 inch concrete remesh panels they sell at Lowes, bending one end over and hanging them on the frame but my DW didn't like the idea of the remesh rusting.

Each trellis is 4 feet wide and rises 6 feet 4 inches above the bed. The trellis netting starts a foot above the ground and can be pushed up the sides and out of the way if I don't want to use it. If hope they work out ...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0536[1].jpg (186.5 KB, 266 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0553[1].jpg (162.9 KB, 253 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0539[1].jpg (283.6 KB, 266 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0579[1].jpg (305.7 KB, 298 views)

George

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure."
Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Last edited by RebelRidin; March 21, 2012 at 10:00 PM. Reason: clarify that "pipe" is electrical conduit...
RebelRidin is offline   Reply With Quote