View Single Post
Old March 17, 2012   #192
DarrylJR
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnewste View Post
Most nylon type Landscape Fabrics will work - - just not the "cloth" type which is sold at Home Depot.
Raybo
Raybo, thanks for the advice! That helps.

The Typar fabric is polypropylene (a medium density plastic--between LDPE and HDPE). The Typar fabric is supposed to be very similar to the DuPont fabric. From what I have found (and information on the Jobe's fabric is very hard to find), the Jobe's fabric is plastic, but I have no idea what kind of plastic or any other specifications.

Is nylon, polypropylene, and plastic fabric all basically the same thing? I know that there is lots of different kinds of plastic.

I know that there is different weights/thickness, different air opening sizes/air permeability, different water permeability, and different puncture strength/tear resistance in landscape fabrics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elight View Post
I picked it up from Lowe's last week. Could be a regional shortage, or it could be that our stores are just getting rid of their stock from last year.
elight, from what DeWitt Company told me, all of Lowes dropped the DuPont fabric. Perhaps your Lowes store still had some stock left.

I will probably get the Jobe's fabric and hope for the best. Whatever I end up with, I'll plan to post at the end of the growing season how well it worked at keeping roots out of the water reservoir.
DarrylJR is offline   Reply With Quote