Thread: Decision Time
View Single Post
Old August 20, 2006   #11
Kenyadenola
Tomatovillian™

That's the funny thing about putting plants in akward places. I stuck some tomatoes in a frontof my house (my house sits far back from the road down a long driveway, so no chance of mater thieves unless you count the dog who routinely eats tomatoes at night as he roams around). This spot was only slightly amended as a last minute effort to find a home for some plants that I hadn't expected. The spot only became available because the mater eating dog was previously a lemon tree eating puppy, and all of the plants there are out-performing the plants that had their special spot lovingly prepared, including a volunteer that had had no attention and has been strangled more than once by cucumbers.

I'm thinking next year of just throwing everything in the ground and walking away and coming back in a few months and collect all the tomatoes. The worst part though is that the area that those plants are in is slated to become a brick patio once they are gone.

My husband has told me in a very loving way that he thinks mt tomato obsession got a little out of hand this year, never mind the fact that I have planted close to 300 bean plants for him, but he will never complain about the hours I spend bent over picking beans. I won't complain about him to much though because he built me a nice trellis soo that I can stand up and pick beans now!! How about that, I hijacked my own thread.
Kenyadenola is offline   Reply With Quote