View Single Post
Old February 21, 2012   #35
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer28 View Post
I received good service and good prices from Lisa when I ordered from her site a while back. I had a good germination rate, around 86% or higher. I would buy from her again. She has been very helpful to me when I asked her questions.
Jennifer, I agree with Remy that it's not just Lisa being nice and answering questions, it's about her representation of varieties that are wrong, her name changing, her saying she's the only one offering this or that variety and on and on.

I think I said above that right now her info about Todd County Amish and Amish Potato Leaf, both varieties I got from Douglas of MN who posts here, is so wrong it's ridiculous, and she does the same misrepresentaion for MANY other varieties.

It's not in this thread but when many of us here were at GW before Tville opened, Lisa was asked to appear at GW and defend her position of misrepresentation and name changing, and she did appear.

And she didn't deny anything, she just said that she wanted to sell seeds, and to do that she thought she needed to alter this and that, whether it be Eenie Weenie Greenie for Green Grape, or Native American for Cherokee Purple, the list of misrepresentations and name changes goes back many years.

After that GW appearance she was pretty good for a while and then reverted back to the old Lisa so many of us knew.

When Andrey first started trying to find a place online to share his seeds he sent Lisa several varieties, Orange-1 being one of them, which I've grown, so she ASAP changes that name as well and Andrey was so sorry he sent her what he did, but at that point he wasn't familiar with seed sites and those who were trustworthy and those who were not.