View Single Post
Old February 20, 2012   #31
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Jeannine, originally I got Plate de Haiti from Norbert P in that huge trade in 1992. William Woys Weaver asked me for it, I sent it to him, and Lisa is a devotee of WWW so probably got it from him.

As I've said so many times, I still don't know why so many buy seeds from Lisa with all the name changes she makes, and right now her descriptions and background of two of mine, Todd County Amish and Amish Potato Leaf are so off the mark it's ridiculous.

In the past several of us have tried to help her, but she doesn't want any help for it's all about PR and name changing for her so that varieties are almost always exclusive, rare, or whatever, and the blurbs for those so long that they capture the unwary.

About a month ago I started an e-mail to her but then looked at what I'd written and said why bother, she'll just ignore it anyway.

And I think if you do a search here at Tville you'll find some threads about Plate de Haiti where it's been discussed before. Actually I just looked at some posts above and it already was discussed here in this thread.

JEannine wrote:

I don't know of you remember but last year I was looking for advice on two tomatoes I had brought from the UK..Madame Jardel's Black and Queen of Hearts. I offered you seeds of both but you diidn't get back to me,. The offer still stands.

I remember this and don't remember the outcome although I think you said you sent the last of the seeds for those two varieties to someone else, possibly Tania, I can't remember. Is it still a possibility, or not?