Thread: Tomato Profits
View Single Post
Old February 19, 2012   #23
biscgolf
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistler View Post
I'm thinking about starting to grow some of the superhots this season. For those who grow them, please recommend some seed sources. I checked out peppermania.com, but did not see all of the superhots mentioned in the above posts.

Also, what superhot pepper varieties are your big sellers? Thanks!
whatever is the "hottest" at the moment will always be in demand so the trinidad scorpion moruga blend will be this year's darling although rumor has it it won't stay on the perch for long. i had very good luck selling both trinidad scorpions and bhut jolokias through various forums online last fall. none of them sell particularly well at farmer's markets or to restaurants beyond the novelty factor- you definitely need the broader audience you can reach online.

seed vendors:
oldbarnnursery.com is a reputable seller with reasonable prices. although i have not ordered from them personally i have heard their service is excellent. they are currently running a deal where you can purchase the moruga seed and they throw in "brain strain" seed for free. (there is currently debate over whether the 2 are one and the same so they want people to be able to grow them out and see for themselves)

pepperlover.com has a huge selection of the trinidad peppers and good prices and a reputation for excellent service. she also tends to toss in some freebies when you order.

refiningfirechiles.com is the guy behind the testing of the morugas- he has a very good selection and excellent service but his prices are higher than most.

i would also gladly send you out some seed of varieties i have if you like- no morugas here (put them all in the dirt) but plenty of scorpions, seven pots, bhuts, and nagas... pm me your address if you want.
biscgolf is offline   Reply With Quote